Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bow Wow Wow: Los Angeles #2

Hello, friends. LA is nice. We like it here. Below are some reasons why.


Pinkberry is kind of like Tasti-D-Lite, only less like eating plastic. In this, our first of two Pinkberry trips in as many days, they were playing a Korean-pop cover of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart.'

I liked it. That cup was full about one minute before this picture was taken.

Full of Korean yogurt, we went to the fanciest party this side of St. George, Utah. Mary Kate Olson was there. I'm not joking.

But did we talk to her? No. We stayed on the swingset with Stephin.

Lest you think that all we do is take pictures of food, allow me to set your mind at rest. We've also been hitting the bookstores. Above, Book Soup, one of LA's finest. Some other bookstore highlights: The Tattered Cover in Denver, The Boulder Bookshop, and the Antiquarian Bookstore in Omaha. See, we have varied interests.

We had a lovely lunch with Edan and Patrick. If you aren't cool enough to have friends with a dog named Omar Little, we will share them with you.

Of course, Omar is not the only dog in town. I was running towards Irving as fast as he was running towards me. In my head, it happened in slow motion. Love can do that.

Stephin pointed us towards the shopping. I am a vintage blur.

In LA, this is called a peep-hole.

Then we went out for Korean BBQ with Ben and Gina. A lot of exciting things happened in quick succession.


She knew what she was doing.

We ate every last morsel. I was still hungry, and went for Mike's nose.

We're definitely staying long enough to eat some more tacos. After that, we're hitting the Bay.

love
E + M

4 comments:

susana said...

Hola chicos, All famous pilgrims travel on their bellies. Glad to get a photo of all the lovely edibles including 4-footed friends. Hasta pronto.

Anonymous said...

I am so honored to have mi familia on this post! Omar says, "Indeed."
And we have a Pinkberry around the corner from us, which is a dangerous thing. Omar says, "Indeed."

twiterviews said...

i traveled far and wide to get to pinkberry yesterday on the upper east side. it was, by far, the most terrible thing to enter my mouth. maybe i'm crazy for saying that. YUCK.

Anonymous said...

Like jessi said, not a huge fan of Pinkberry. However I do love my frozen yogurt and Cefiore is my favorite! They have more flavors like Acai and Raspberry-Pomegranate and more toppings!

It has a very clean and refreshing taste, might want to check it out if you get a chance.

http://www.cefiore.com

Cheers!